Meritbadge.Info help files
These mini demos help you use and understand the complexities of meritbadge.info registration system.
Start here if you have questions.
If they are not answered in one or more of these tutorials and/or you have questions about events, registration, payments, removing your son, or anything related to a specific event, open the event and click the big red button to email the event manager. Do NOT send an email to the site administrators, there is nothing we can do.
The most common issues we have seen are:
Scouter isn't fully registered and assigned to a valid unit. You MUST be associated with a real troop. You do NOT have to be a troop leader but you mist be registered.
There are no badges in the list. Be sure you change the "Session" dropdown. Many events have several sessions. If you do this and nothing appears, the classes are full.
I cannot register scouts. We have registered over a quarter million seats so it is unlikely a system problem.
Try using a different browser. Try rebooting your PC. Try using a differeint PC. Try a different network. Most issues we find today are based on technology changes at the user side.
If you have watched the help videos, tried my suggestions and still cannot get things to work, drop us a line by sending an email to email@example.com.
Cut and paste this and answer the questions
--- cut ---
1) COmputer Operating System version (ex: OSX 11, Windows 7, Droid 5)?
2) Browser and version (IE 11, Safari 2, Chrome 12)?
3) Event you are trying to register for?
4) Email you are using to sign in?
6) What did you do?
7) What did you See?
8) What did you expect to see?
9) Attache screen capture showing any errors?
--- cut ---
We cannot diagnose your issue from an email stating "I need to register my son for badge xxx".
If you do not send us items 1-9 above, your email will be immediately deleted. Sorry, but we all have full-time jobs.
In order to offer meritbadge.info for free, we both hold full-time senior management jobs, travel far too much, and cannot be on-call to help you quickly..
NOTE: MOST OF THE REGISTRATIONS PROBLEMS arise when the person registering has not signed onto a valid unit.
Unit ZERO Cannot register scouts
Watch the Update User video for instructions to correct this.
- * ALL: Create User Show me how to setup a new user.
- * ALL: Update User Show me how to change my unit and email address.
- * Unit Leader: Register Unit Show me how to sign up my scouts for merit badges.
- Unit Leader: Blue Card info Get advancement info (if available) from past events.
- Counselor: Update Class Roster Show me how to update a class roster showing attendance and requirements completed.
- Event Mgr: Create an Event Show me how to create my first event.
- Event Mgr: Update classes Show me how to add/update classes for my event.
- Event Mgr: Add Unit Payments Show me how to update payment information for units attending my event.
- Event Mgr: Revenue Summary Show me what units have paid and what is owed for my event.
* Everyone should watch these. They are the key to the registration system.
Some of you who believe you are entitled to tell us how they are frustrated using our free system should realize over a quarter million activities have been successfully registered using our system because they took the time to read the instructions. Meritbadge.info is designed for unit merit badge coordinators to register dozens of scouts at a time. We never designed this site to make it easy for a parent to sign up their scout because that potentially violates BSA policies. BSA policy states it is the Scout's responsiibility to get permission from the Scoutmaster prior to taking a merit badge from a specific counselor. You can review this in the Guide to Advancement.